What is the Code Administrator Code of Practice (CACoP)
- The Code Administration Code of Practice (CACoP) was introduced following Ofgem’s Code Governance Review. The purpose of the code is to “facilitate convergence and transparency in code modification processes and to help protect the interests of small market participants and consumers through various means including increased use of plain English in modification reports”.
- Where possible, Code Administrators have committed to operating their Code Administration functions in accordance with the Code of Practice.
The CACoP contains 14 principles to facilitate convergence and transparency in code Modification processes and to help protect the interests of small market participants and consumers. The title of each of the 14 principles can be seen below and once expanded, you will find further commentary with respect to how we believe we m
In the table below, you will find the following CACoP related documents:
- The Code Administrators Code of Practice
- Code Administration Joint Working Practice
- Cross Code Self Governance Guidance
- DCUSA Self Governance Guidance
- CACoP Principle 12 Annual Reports
- CACoP Newsletters
Further to documents available on the DCUSA Website, there are dedicated CACoP products located on other pages, such as:
The Central Modifications Register, which contains information on Change Proposals across all of the industry codes, both gas and electricity. The Central Modification Register can be found on the Master Registration Agreement (MRA) Website via this link.
Further information can be found on the Ofgem Website via this link
|Name||Document Type||Document Category||Version/Revision||Date Published|
|Embedded Capacity Register Template_Agreed Version 1.0||Document Library||Embedded Capacity Register Template||1.0||11/07/2020|
|CACoP v5.0 Final||Document Library||CACoP||-||14/01/2020|
|CACoP Principle 12 Annual Report – 2018||Document Library||CACoP||-||14/01/2020|
|CACoP Principle 12 Annual Report – 2017||Document Library||CACoP||-||14/01/2020|
|CACoP Principle 12 Annual Report – 2016||Document Library||CACoP||-||14/01/2020|
|CACoP Principle 12 Annual Report – 2015||Document Library||CACoP||-||14/01/2020|
|DIF 011 Issue Form||Document Library||Issue Document||1||31/10/2019|